Monday, July 30, 2012

No Pain, No Gain

Tomorrow I begin Week 3 of Metabolic Resistance Training, affectionately known as "torture boot camp" in my house.  I dread 6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I know I'll have to work my ass off, literally, during our group session.  I tell my husband to call me in sick and he refuses.  Apparently, he gets a kick out of the thought of me sweating and suffering my way through too many squats, lunches and lateral arm raises (with 15 pound weights, no less)!

After work I stopped at the Stevens Point Anytime Fitness location and did 34 minutes on the elliptical.  Oh, how I love the elliptical.  I try to get the heart rate up immediately and then keep a steady pace throughout my workout.  When I first started going to the gym, I kept the incline and resistance at 4, now my incline is 10 with a resistance of 7.  It's enough to get me sweating and I really work my legs and glutes.

I didn't have enough time to do the circuit of weight machines which is okay.  I didn't want to overdo it considering I have training tomorrow.  But when I got home I felt a bit guilty for not doing a 45 minute session so I took Owen for a walk down the bike path.  We walked about a mile round trip and I noticed my legs felt a little sore when I got home.  I hope I don't feel any pain tomorrow.

I have some new motivation to help me up my activity level, too.  My 15-year high school reunion is in two weeks.  I'm really hoping I can drop another 5 pounds by August 11, but I'll settle for three.  It's doable, right?

Ugh.  Squats and lunges tomorrow.  I don't wanna do 'em!  Alas...No pain? No gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment